Swann-Morton Veterinary Range
Swann-Morton manufacture a range of carbon or stainless steel sterile surgical blades ideally suited for veterinary surgery.
The No.10 blade is popular in both canine and feline surgery with the No.15 and No.11 being used for finer work. In livestock such as cattle one would use larger blades such as the 22 or 24 with the 20 being user for finer incisions. Below is a general guide to blade shape by procedure however the final decision always lies in the hand of the Veterinary surgeon.
- Orthopaedics No.15, No.20
- General Endoscopy No.15
- Soft Tissue No.15, 15CNo.20
- Neurosurgery No.15, No.20
- Hip and Elbow Dysplasia No.15, No.20
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament Injuries No.11, No.11P, No.15, No.20
- Meniscectomy No.11, No.11P
- Bone Fractures and Muscle Diseases No.15, No.20
- Arthroscopy Patrols No.11
- Arthroscopy / Tenoscopy SM63, SM64, SM67, SM68 and SM69
- Fine Dissection / Skin grafting No.15
- Skin Incisions No.10, No.24
- Vaginal Surgery 3L, 4L Handles
- Recto Vaginal Hernias 3L, 4L Handles
- Animal Pathology PM40 Post Morton Range
- Safe Handling of Swann-Morton Products
- Sterilisation of Swann-Morton Products
- Swann-Morton Product Information and Standards
- Care, Handling and Reprocessing of Swann-Morton Metal Surgical Instruments
News & Exhibitions
There are no exhibitions related to this section.
As part of our 2012 website upgrade, new portal pages are now available for Surgeons, Vets, Dentists and Podiatrists.
Feedback from online research revealed a preference to access all relevant products, news, exhibitions and educational material in one dedicated section so we are delighted to launch this upgrade which we hope will make the process of browsing our product ranges easier for healthcare professionals.
After receiving a listing on Wikipedia last month Swann-Morton have now launched their range of training videos on You Tube. Already available via the Interactive section of the website this allows the video information to be accessible to a wider social media audience.
Swann-Morton recently gave their "Interactive section" a spring clean adding fresh modern icons, updating the product PDF Library and publishing new articles with both current and relevant themes.
The Swann-Morton Blade Remover allows for safe and easy removal of all sizes of scalpel blade from both No.3 and No.4 handles. Unlike most sharp's removal devices it is supplied sterile thus allowing it to be included on the instrument tray withing the OR and to be used at the site of the invasive procedure.
Guide Dogs for the Blind
Swann-Morton's employees have a tradition of raising funds to buy Guide Dogs for the Blind. This is "Morton" the latest member of the family and is currently reaching the end of his training before going out into the community.
For further information see the Guide Dogs for the Blind website.